lmt

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2016 1:43 pm  #1

Beavis and Butthead cues

Just decided to make this thread since I've noticed a few APM tracks have cropped up in this series.

So far these are the ones I've been able to recognize.

Footsteps of Horror - William Merrick Farran
Metal Boost - Mac Prindy
Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn
Troop Movement - Sam Fonteyn
Battle at Sea - Johnny Pearson
The Hurry Up - Kenny Graham
Jingle Bell Swing - Ib Glindemann
Countryville - Sutton Glen, Norris Wilson
The Gunfighter - Franco Micalizzi, Roberto Predagio
Maniac Pursuit - Trevor Duncan
Lonely Stranger - Laurie Johnson
Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney
Shock Horror A - Dick Stephen Walter
Theatreland - Dick Stephen Walter
Easing Tension - Paul Orm
Heavenly Thunder 2, 6 - Christopher Tsangarides
Romantic Legend - Eric Swan
Approaching Evil - Chris Payne, Paul Rogers
Hackney Carriage - Cedric King-Palmer
Blood in the Gutter - Laurie Johnson
Panic Stricken - Christopher Payne, Paul Rogers
Shock Horror B - Dick Stephen Walter
Holiday Playtime - Cedric King-Palmer
Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney
Happy Families - Sam Fonteyn
Broken Saddles - Richard Gilks
Jingle Bells C - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy
Jingle Bells - Ib Glindemann
Another Lonely Lover - David Bell, Otto Sieben
Bridal Chorus - Peter Lea-Cox
House of Horror - William Merrick Farran
Send them Victorious B - Graham de Wilde
Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney
The Star Spangled Banner B - Graham de Wilde
Space Work 2 - Vladimir Kos
Night Butcher - Richard Harvey

Those are the only cues I've been able to recognize. Any additional input will be greatly appreciated. Will be updated when I recognize and/or find more cues.

Last edited by Walk The Skies 202 (October 8, 2017 11:53 am)

October 28, 2016 3:26 pm  #2

Re: Beavis and Butthead cues

Apparently earlier this month, a cue by the name of Countryville by Sutton Glen & Norris Wilson was found.

One cue I'd really like to know is the one going on in Lawn and Garden, namely where the duo chainsaw down Tom Anderson's tree.

I have a feeling this is one of Mac Prindy's metal tracks released under Sonoton, but I can't say for sure.

October 31, 2016 5:16 pm  #3

Just watched Citizen Butthead today; heard "The Gunfighter" by Franco Micalizzi and Roberto Predagio in there.

Unfortunately, this track was removed from the APM site years ago. However, rather than the low quality uploads that are still floating around today, a clean version can be found on Soulseek.

November 2, 2016 1:20 pm  #4

Maniac Pursuit - Trevor Duncan

Used in Jump! when the police come with a warrant for bank officer Gluckman's arrest.

November 25, 2016 8:20 pm  #5

Lonely Stranger - Laurie Johnson

Shows up for a few seconds in Nosebleed.

December 3, 2016 12:21 am  #6

Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney

Used in Beavis and Butthead are dead once. Played a lot in Pregnant Pause.

December 3, 2016 9:12 am  #7

Walk The Skies 202 wrote:

Just watched Citizen Butthead today; heard "The Gunfighter" by Franco Micalizzi and Roberto Predagio in there.

Unfortunately, this track was removed from the APM site years ago. However, rather than the low quality uploads that are still floating around today, a clean version can be found on Soulseek.

The Gunfighter was originally written as the theme for the film 'Il Pistolero Dell'Ave Maria', and later appeared on a Conroy Eurobeat LP - presumably KPM/APM no longer have the rights to it, hence its disappearance from their site.  The full soundtrack has been issued on CD though.

December 3, 2016 12:27 pm  #8

Lord Thames wrote:

The Gunfighter was originally written as the theme for the film 'Il Pistolero Dell'Ave Maria', and later appeared on a Conroy Eurobeat LP - presumably KPM/APM no longer have the rights to it, hence its disappearance from their site.  The full soundtrack has been issued on CD though.

Interesting to know this. Never knew it was originally written for a film.

And here we have it being used when a bunch of US guards are mad at two dumb teens ruining a conference, or a kitchen sponge standing up to an overweight bass.

The world of library music is an interesting one. You never know what could turn up where.

December 17, 2016 3:04 am  #9

Thanks to a small list of cues on a Toonzone thread, I was able to check some cues on APM. Since there are several episodes I have not seen, I put down what I knew was used.

Theatreland was used briefly in Door to Door, Easing Tension was (as far as I know) in Most Wanted and Cyber-Butt, Hackney Carriage is in Safe Driving, Approaching Evil is in Bungholio: Lord of the Harvest, Romantic Legend is heard in several episodes such as Here Comes to Bride's Butt, Beavis and Butthead are Dead, and a few others. Heavenly Thunder 2 and 6 are both parts of the Lawn and Garden track I'd been trying to track down.

January 14, 2017 2:08 am  #10

Got a haul of more cues to be added: Panic Stricken by Christopher Payne and Paul Rogers (T.V. Violence), Shock Horror B by Dick Stephen Walter (Yogurt's Cool), Holiday Playtime by Cedric King-Palmer (Sign Here), Dramatic Impact 3 (Generation in Crisis), Happy Families by Sam Fonteyn (Give Blood), Broken Saddles by Richard Gilks (also Give Blood), Jingle Bells C by Sammy Burdson and John Charles Fiddy (Huh Huh Humbug), and Jingle Bells by Id Glindemann (also Huh Huh Humbug).

Two cues I've gotten curious about recently are the panicky cue heard in Spanish Fly when Beavis beats Tommy in the gym match, and the rock cue heard in Scientific Stuff when Daria arrives at Beavis and Butthead's house.

The rest of the Toonzone list is full of cues I can't for the life of me remember from any episodes. I'll list them here and see what anyone who actually cares about this thread can come up with.

Cotton Glory - Les Hurdle, Michael Morgan
Disorientated A - Mladen Frako
Drama Shock (g) - Richard Harvey
Flop and Go A - John Fox
Gay Time - Alan Perry
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush - Richard Harvey, Brian Gulland
Jingle Bells 2 - Richard Harvey
Jungle Dance - Phil Nicholas
Memphis Mud Slide - Steve Goomas, Brian Gulland
People's Court - Alan Tew
Pop Goes the Weasel A - Richard Harvey, Brian Gulland
Procession of the Knights - Barrie Hingley
Scared Stiff - Simon Benson, Eugenio Grandi
The Twelve Days of Christmas 59 - Richard Harvey
Victim B - Peter Fallowell
Willy Nilly - Cyril Watter

Last edited by Walk The Skies 202 (January 16, 2017 6:20 pm)

Board footera