lmt

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2016 10:17 am  #1

The Home Of The Future: Year 1999 A.D. - 1967 Philco-Ford Corporation

This morning I got a kick out of watching this 1967 vision of the future - some of it remarkably accurate. Anyone able to identify the library music throughout? And who is the "San Juan" singer at the end?

That's Wink Martindale as the Dad.

~ Stack

December 10, 2016 5:00 pm  #2

Re: The Home Of The Future: Year 1999 A.D. - 1967 Philco-Ford Corporation

I found this quite entertaining, too. If only most home organs had one of those "seamlessly transition into library piece" buttons!

Nothing I immediately recognize, unfortunately, but I'll keep my ears open. Those atmospheric jazz pieces are quite lovely.
edit: I have a slight suspicion that the opening piece might be from one of the Styliana LPs. I'll fetch them and check.

December 10, 2016 6:40 pm  #3

Mr wrote:

edit: I have a slight suspicion that the opening piece might be from one of the Styliana LPs. I'll fetch them and check.

If this is true, then the other pieces in this film could possibly be from Chappell?

A good way to get a job in education is to become a bus driver.

December 11, 2016 4:48 am  #4

The piano at 2m20 & at 3m26 remind me Martial Solal ...

December 11, 2016 10:26 am  #5

Mr wrote:

I found this quite entertaining, too. If only most home organs had one of those "seamlessly transition into library piece" buttons!

Nothing I immediately recognize, unfortunately, but I'll keep my ears open. Those atmospheric jazz pieces are quite lovely.

Yeah, that home organ is pretty spectacular! I'm not familiar with Styliana...

~ Stack

December 24, 2016 11:40 am  #6

Whoa, that was rad, thanks for posting!

January 22, 2017 7:51 pm  #7

... taking my sweet time, I finally got around to checking the Styliana LPs; though parts of Serge Lancen's "Leipzig concerto" sound very similar, it wasn't the one. Both that and the opening cue here seem to be based on the same Bachian concerto style of the E Major Violin-/D Major Harpsichord Concertos (BWV 1042, BWV 1054), however, with similar chord/theme progressions.
I'm only familiar with chunks of the (massive!) Bach catalogue, and it could be that the cue itself actually is a piece by Bach, I'm not sure.

Last edited by Mr (January 22, 2017 7:52 pm)

January 25, 2017 6:24 pm  #8

Mr wrote:

... taking my sweet time, I finally got around to checking the Styliana LPs; though parts of Serge Lancen's "Leipzig concerto" sound very similar, it wasn't the one. Both that and the opening cue here seem to be based on the same Bachian concerto style of the E Major Violin-/D Major Harpsichord Concertos (BWV 1042, BWV 1054), however, with similar chord/theme progressions.
I'm only familiar with chunks of the (massive!) Bach catalogue, and it could be that the cue itself actually is a piece by Bach, I'm not sure.

Wow, Mr. Great detail here. Thanks for checking into this.

~ Stack

March 18, 2017 12:35 am  #9

I aint been around here in a while, so late to the game on this one by a few months, but gotta say that was very cool!! And a young Wink Martindale pre late 70s game show days....that's a trip.

Scary enough, in a way, about 80% of this all came true via internet, cell phones and microwaves (which were only about a decade away from happening when this was made). Still has the class and elegance of the late 60s and what would continue throughout the 70s. If only the 90s were really like this. 

Id like to get all the music in this if it is indeed library. Some real nice Jazz stuff. Don't know about that Pavarotti meets Johnny Mathis singer at the end though. He was kinda goofy lol

"Come from Berkeley, Go back to Berkeley - You don't come here no more! Understand!!!!!!!???"

Board footera