lmt

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



June 29, 2016 12:08 pm  #21


Re: Spider-Man cues

Loads of Alan Langford on Boosey & Hawkes too.

 

June 29, 2016 8:17 pm  #22


Re: Spider-Man cues

Okay, just listened on APM website-not once do I ever remember hearing "Danger Musicians at Work" in Skyboy.

Another error on SABAM's part.

 

June 29, 2016 8:27 pm  #23


Re: Spider-Man cues

Walk The Skies 202 wrote:

Ant Banks - Unnamed 3 minute composition (Listed on SABAM as "SPIDERMAN". Attributed to Berry Music Corp.)

 Ant Banks? Not Art Banks?
 

Keith Palmer - Softly She Sleeps (Feel like this one is incorrect.)

 It is.

Could all these Paul Gerard tracks possibly be the unknown stuff from Skyboy that isn't from MSH? Not the music from "Vine" and "Sorceror", I'm talking about the music heard all throughout this episode that was never used again

 It could be. I'm not sure how much was never used again, though.

Also, Jimmy, why didn't you ever make a timing list for Season 3? Is it because Season 3 had so many unknown tracks there was no point in a list?

 I am working on such a list for Season 3. There are many tracks used in Season 3 such as "The Serpent", "Drive On", "Not So Private Eye", etc. that were not used previously. - JR

 

June 29, 2016 8:33 pm  #24


Re: Spider-Man cues

I should have said this before, but the only track that I suspect might be Alan Langford is the bombastic, Perry-Rhodan-ish fanfare. It was used in "Home" when Spider-Man plants a device to save the alien colony, and a transporter beam whisks the colony back to the home planet. It was also used in "Up From Nowhere" when the Atlantean accidentally shoots the control panel of his submarine,. This was also used in the Monty Python episode "The Lost World of Rourirama". An online M.P. reference pins this as by Alan Langford, Personally, i think it sounds more like Syd Dale - JR

 

June 29, 2016 10:21 pm  #25


Re: Spider-Man cues

JimmyRich wrote:

 Ant Banks? Not Art Banks?

Not sure who Art Banks is, but it probably could be. SABAM has so much incorrect info on there-look at SpongeBob lists. Some songs are named incorrectly, not there, or were never used but are on there for some reason.
 

JimmyRich wrote:

 It is.

Figured.

Jimmy Rich wrote:

It could be. I'm not sure how much was never used again, though.

I remember the one piece heard after Dr. Zap says "Just as I have planned!" was heard again only in "To Cage a Spider" when Spidey is on the ceiling before destroying the fuse box.

Jimmy Rich wrote:

I am working on such a list for Season 3. There are many tracks used in Season 3 such as "The Serpent", "Drive On", "Not So Private Eye", etc. that were not used previously. - JR

Ah. Okay.

Generally speaking, does anyone here possess the power the transfer these vinyls into MP3s and put them on YouTube. I love the music of this series and would REALLY love to have the music used.

I'm not forcing anyone into this, just wondering.

 

June 29, 2016 10:35 pm  #26


Re: Spider-Man cues

Re: Video Moods label

w-w-w-.nypl.org/sites/default/files/archivalcollections/pdf/musselin.pdf

Here is a list of Wladimir Selinsky tracks, including "Velocity", as well as the Leon G. Sillis ones previously mentioned. Sillis may just be an alias for Wladimir Selinsky.

1- Fate, 1960
2 - Quicksand, 1960
3 - Pursuit, 1960
4 - Propulsion, 1960
5 - Chronometry, 1960
6 - Portents, 1960
7 - The Long Walk, 1960
8 - Velocity, 1960
9 - Up And Down, 1960
10 - Moonless Night, 1960
11 - Cartoonorama, 1960
12 - Furious Encounter, 1960
13 - Carefree, 1960
14 - Rage, 1960
15 - Eruption, 1960
16 - Who's Got It?, 1960
17 - 18A - A Cartoon Curtain, 1960
18 - 19A - Angry Statement, 1960


- JR

Last edited by JimmyRich (June 29, 2016 10:40 pm)

 

June 30, 2016 1:42 am  #27


Re: Spider-Man cues

Try the "search works" option on this site:
hxxp://apraamcos.co.nz/music-customers/production-music/production-music-suppliers/music-sales-pty-ltd/

You can find some of the Leon G. Sillis tracks credited to Ward Sills (a pseudonym of Wladimir Selinsky's), so they're definitely by him.

Last edited by caliban (June 30, 2016 1:43 am)

 

July 1, 2016 9:00 am  #28


Re: Spider-Man cues

Thanks to all of you for picking up where I left off! I was just very busy, glad someone finished the job

I'm pretty sure Leon G. Sills is another SABAM error. My theory is that in these situations, they (or their source) just had a last name on the document, and cross-referenced it to the wrong name in ASCAP/BMI/wherever. I bet it's actually supposed to be Ward Sills, which was Selinsky's most common pseudonym. I'm not even sure he went by any other aliases - he certainly never used Leon G. Sills, AFAIK.

And yes, I'm pretty confident in assuming that these Sills/Selinsky tracks are Video Moods. On ASCAP, these track titles have (EA) at the end, standing for Emil Ascher (of which Video Moods was a subsidiary).

I also have a feeling that Ant/Art Banks is another mistake. If it's Berry, it's probably Don Banks again.

And Retronic is right, that Len Stevens track is indeed titled "Fire Burns", not "Free Burns". I looked up both titles on ASCAP - "Free Burns" turned up nothing, but one of the results for "Fire Burns" was "FIRE BURNS (BM)" by one Herbert Leonard Stevens, with publisher listed as "Conroy APM". (BM, of course, stands for Berry Music.)

Last edited by TServo2049 (July 1, 2016 11:32 am)

     Thread Starter
 

July 1, 2016 7:18 pm  #29


Re: Spider-Man cues

Walk The Skies 202 wrote:

Since you all have access to these tracks, could we ever see these uploaded to YouTube soon? Sorry to ask that, it's just that I have no access to any of these vinyls, and I really want these tracks.

 
I need to say this, to prevent misunderstanding.

I do not have "access" to these tracks (the ones mentioned on the SABAM site), and I doubt that anyone else here does. We do have access to various unofficial lists and catalogues; that's how we know that (say) "Fire Burns" by Len Stevens is on BMLP 044. That doesn't guarantee that anyone here has a recording of that album.

A good on-line catalogue is Discogs.

For all library music hunters, it can be a slow process finding specific albums and tracks. They could be on eBay, Discogs, cdandlp.com, Youtube, SoulSeek, garage sales, used record stores, Gramma's attic. etc.

As soon as I can confirm that a certain track has been used on Spider-Man, I will post such info here. That does not necessarily mean that I have possession of that track, in any form. As for posting them on Youtube, perhaps in good time. First let me find them!  (cheerful)

- JR

 

July 2, 2016 2:52 pm  #30


Re: Spider-Man cues

JimmyRich wrote:

Walk The Skies 202 wrote:

Since you all have access to these tracks, could we ever see these uploaded to YouTube soon? Sorry to ask that, it's just that I have no access to any of these vinyls, and I really want these tracks.

 
I need to say this, to prevent misunderstanding.

I do not have "access" to these tracks (the ones mentioned on the SABAM site), and I doubt that anyone else here does. We do have access to various unofficial lists and catalogues; that's how we know that (say) "Fire Burns" by Len Stevens is on BMLP 044. That doesn't guarantee that anyone here has a recording of that album.

A good on-line catalogue is Discogs.

For all library music hunters, it can be a slow process finding specific albums and tracks. They could be on eBay, Discogs, cdandlp.com, Youtube, SoulSeek, garage sales, used record stores, Gramma's attic. etc.

As soon as I can confirm that a certain track has been used on Spider-Man, I will post such info here. That does not necessarily mean that I have possession of that track, in any form. As for posting them on Youtube, perhaps in good time. First let me find them! (cheerful)

- JR

Oh, okay. I understand now.

Funny thing: I still have "Colt 45" from the album "Cheesy Listening" you linked on the old board before it was taken down.

Last edited by Walk The Skies 202 (July 3, 2016 1:52 am)

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

RIP over 50,000 posts (2012-2016)