librarymusicthemes

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2013 1:18 am  #1

Monty Python TV cues

Hi. I've been wondering for years whether anyone has made a list of the library cues used in the Python TV series. It would be a long, long list for sure.

In particular, I've always wanted to track down the very first cue in episode 4 series 2 (aka The Buzz Aldrin Show). It's the gentle orchestral music accompanying Gilliam's animated caterpillar/old guy as it crawls over leaves etc. I'm pretty sure it's not on the DeWolf compilation.

Can any Python experts here help?

Cheers.

August 4, 2013 11:46 pm  #2

Re: Monty Python TV cues

I'm not aware of a list myself, but you're right in that it would be a pretty long one.

I'm not sure about the music cue you're after sadly. However, I do know that it may not even be a De Wolfe, as the show used other libraries as well. 

August 5, 2013 8:05 am  #3

Do you know what the last piece of music is from the previous episode and also the one used after this piece in episode 4?
It sounds a bit like Eric Towren.  Do you have the four comps I did on the Retro-teque blog? 

August 5, 2013 11:43 am  #4

One track I've been looking for for ages is the music backing the Soho Motors advert in the last episode of series 1 - I have the music cue sheet for this episode, but unfortunately it's not listed on there.  Anyone got any ideas?

Can't help on any of the ones asked about here, but a couple I do have are 'March Of The Insurgents' by Jack Shaindlin (Bicyle Repair Man theme!) and 'Happy Harp' by Jonny Teupen, the Pearls For Swine jingle.

August 5, 2013 7:28 pm  #5

RogerRogerOverAndOut wrote:

Hi. I've been wondering for years whether anyone has made a list of the library cues used in the Python TV series. It would be a long, long list for sure.

In particular, I've always wanted to track down the very first cue in episode 4 series 2 (aka The Buzz Aldrin Show). It's the gentle orchestral music accompanying Gilliam's animated caterpillar/old guy as it crawls over leaves etc. I'm pretty sure it's not on the DeWolf compilation.

Can any Python experts here help?

Cheers.

Pretty sure that's "Flute Promenade" by Eric Towren.

August 5, 2013 7:34 pm  #6

Flute Promenade was on one of the retro-teque comps. I thought it sounded like it too. 

August 5, 2013 7:55 pm  #7

Lord Thames wrote:

One track I've been looking for for ages is the music backing the Soho Motors advert in the last episode of series 1 - I have the music cue sheet for this episode, but unfortunately it's not listed on there.  Anyone got any ideas?

I'd love a copy of Happy Harp, if you have it.

I have a feeling On The Button (Keith Papworth) (Quick mover) maybe the song you're looking for.

August 6, 2013 6:55 am  #8

If I can find the LP it's on, I will happily copy Happy Harp for you - I haven't seen it for ages, but it's probably just buried among all the others!

Anywhere I can hear 'On The Button'?  It would be nice to have that mystery solved, anyway!

August 16, 2013 3:47 pm  #9

This should be most of the Monty Python stuff:

hxxp://www14.zippyshare.com/v/41120855/file.html

hxxp://www73.zippyshare.com/v/77177339/file.html

hxxp://www12.zippyshare.com/v/6637421/file.html

hxxp://www43.zippyshare.com/v/81322444/file.html

August 16, 2013 8:14 pm  #10

crazydiamond wrote:

This should be most of the Monty Python stuff:

hxxp://www14.zippyshare.com/v/41120855/file.html

hxxp://www73.zippyshare.com/v/77177339/file.html

hxxp://www12.zippyshare.com/v/6637421/file.html

hxxp://www43.zippyshare.com/v/81322444/file.html

What have we here? A Monty Python treasure trove of tracks??

Shine On, you crazy Diamond!

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

Board footera