lmt

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2017 5:18 pm  #151

Re: Spider-Man cues

Check out BM 351....

I did find a few "spideys". Some of the Side A tracks sound like some of the shorts from "Home", "Blotto", and "Skyboy". From Side B, "Dark Fantastic No. 3" was used in "Cloud City of Gold". Please help me here.

This implies that BM 350 contains "Scene Shifts" 1-10, also by Don Banks. That may be the source of many other Spider-Man tracks, such as Death of Vine.

May 6, 2017 8:12 pm  #152

Listening to some of the unknown tracks I compiled together, I think the Trip to Tomorrow track listed "Story 1 begins" might be another Banks Scene Shift cue, as it has the same instrumentation that Scene Shifts 11 has. Starting to once again think the Cloud City track when Spider-Man fights the spider MIGHT also be Banks, but I'm not too sure.

Along with this, in the Conroy collection on Discogs BM 352 is also missing. Could this another continuation of the Banks stuff? We know it starts at BM 349, but where does it end? BM 351 or 352?

As for the rest of the short dramatics (Frozen Wings, Bird Shatters, Crossbow Snipers, Prepare Sacrifice, Interlude, Blotto eats Buildings, Kidnap by Teleport, Telepathy, Credentials, and End of Flying Dutchman flashback, as they are all referred to on each dramatic's first appearance.), these could come from just about anywhere. They could be from BM, BMLP, JW, or (god forbid) Video Moods or somewhere else. Good luck to anyone seeking any of these specific tracks.

May 13, 2017 8:26 pm  #153

Went looking through the ASCAP database for any clues on the old stuff we still have yet to find from SABAM, and this is what I've gathered:

-Gerard's Compulsion, Mesmerism, and Spasms do exist. (ASCAP credits them to his real identity, John Dennis Farnon.) The other Gerard BM cues were present as well. Sadly, while Calculated Risk had "BM 417" in it's Performers section, no such luxury with these other three.

-As mentioned before, the Ward Sills/Wladimir Selinsky cues are on there, some labelled with (EA), and some not.

-Robert Sharples' page confirms the existence of a Semper Fidelis arrangement originating from Conroy. More than likely the one from Dr. Dumpty. Once again Shock Treatments from BMLP 044 is listed.

-Don Banks' page has cues called Hysteria and Tensions, but they are not attributed to Conroy or Berry Music. Interestingly, Scene Shifts has an alternate title called "BKG SPIDERMAN".

Sadly, I couldn't find any clues to lead us to the missing groovy tracks from Home. Nothing much I could make of King Palmer's Softly She Sleeps and Van Phillips' Trouble Spot either. You know, whatever THOSE are referring to. (Still no idea what those are doing on Home and Skyboy's lists, nor do I know what Comedy Chase Sequence is doing on skyboy's list, or what the Loussier and Van Parys tracks are referring to.)

May 14, 2017 6:10 am  #154

Trouble Spot's GOTTA be referring to something on Conroy, knowing Phillips contributed a good number of cues to that library.

A good way to get a job in education is to become a bus driver.

May 14, 2017 8:37 am  #155

BM 402 - Semper Fidelis, Washington Post (Arr. Robert Earley)

BM 414 - Trouble Spot/Uneasy Truce, Journey's End/Barbaric Procession (Van Phillips)
hxxps://www.amazon.co.uk/Trouble-Spot/dp/B01M21N65S
hxxps://www.amazon.co.uk/Uneasy-Truce/dp/B01M58EHUU

"Hysteria" was a 1964 film for which Don Banks provided music, and "Tensions" is a suite of tracks from Boosey & Hawkes OT 2543, later reissued as part of SBH 2985.

BM 352 *probably* contains Dark Fantastic 4-6 along with Revolutionary Studies 1-5, also by Don Banks.
Similarly, I suspect BM 350 to be Scene Shifts 1-9, along with Panic 1-5.

Compulsion, Mesmerism and Spasms are not on BM 417. If I had to guess I would expect them to be on BM 415.

Last edited by Mr (May 14, 2017 8:57 am)

May 14, 2017 3:47 pm  #156

caliban wrote:

BM 402 - Semper Fidelis, Washington Post (Arr. Robert Earley)

BM 414 - Trouble Spot/Uneasy Truce, Journey's End/Barbaric Procession (Van Phillips)
hxxps://www.amazon.co.uk/Trouble-Spot/dp/B01M21N65S
hxxps://www.amazon.co.uk/Uneasy-Truce/dp/B01M58EHUU

"Hysteria" was a 1964 film for which Don Banks provided music, and "Tensions" is a suite of tracks from Boosey & Hawkes OT 2543, later reissued as part of SBH 2985.

BM 352 *probably* contains Dark Fantastic 4-6 along with Revolutionary Studies 1-5, also by Don Banks.
Similarly, I suspect BM 350 to be Scene Shifts 1-9, along with Panic 1-5.

Compulsion, Mesmerism and Spasms are not on BM 417. If I had to guess I would expect them to be on BM 415.

Seems likely that it's BM 402 we're looking for. It's in the right range to have been used, so this is probably where the Dr. Dumpty Semper Fidelis comes from.

I do believe Trouble Spot was already debunked as a SABAM error, and Uneasy Truce is not a Spider-Man cue either. Not sure about the other two, though.

I have no idea if BM 352 could be another part of the Don Banks suite, or if it's the start of a whole new suite. I think it's more than a safe bet the Scene Shifts 1-9 are probably on BM 350, as are the Panics.

I already knew Compulsion, Mesmerism, and Spasms weren't on BM 417. I was just pointing out that it was in the publisher info for Calculated Risk to show that there wasn't any other publisher info on these other three.

May 15, 2017 4:06 pm  #157

It is great for all the new Spider-Man music surfacing.    It would be great to find the music used in these Spider-Man episodes:
​Last one of Season #2:   To Cage a Spider:   music used when Spider-Man is wheeled into the hospital through the doors swinging open and when Spider-Man is asleep in the hospital bed.
​Season #3:    The Thing with Snow:    opening music behind narration describing the Snowman coming to life:
​Season #3:    Sky Harbor:  same music as used with the Snowman but this time the music is heard when the Barron is describing his seclusion during the War.

May 15, 2017 4:25 pm  #158

The unknown music from "Trouble with Snow" and "Sky Harbor" has been ID'd: they're "Bushfire Ruin" and "Vultures" by Moneta Eagles, from JW 385.

A good way to get a job in education is to become a bus driver.

May 15, 2017 5:39 pm  #159

apmnut wrote:

The unknown music from "Trouble with Snow" and "Sky Harbor" has been ID'd: they're "Bushfire Ruin" and "Vultures" by Moneta Eagles, from JW 385.

Don't forget "Drought" and "Strange Feeling", they're Spideys too.

May 19, 2017 5:56 pm  #160

Another idea I have: Could some of the missing tracks be from earlier Conroy and JW albums than the ones we've been looking at? For example, apmnut has had a theory that possibly whatever Home's SABAM list is referring to with Softy She Sleeps being one of King-Palmer's tracks on JW 245.

I feel like this theory could have some ground, seeing how Spider-Man imported several tracks from MSH, and MSH mostly utilized early entries into said libraries. Prime examples: Four Evil Men A-D, which spanned Conroy BM 137 and 138, and Dramatic Tracks Two [#8], which was on BM 239.

Board footera