lmt

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2017 3:53 am  #1

Giant Spider Invasion Cues

I've been trying to assemble the soundtrack to the 1975 monster movie The Giant Spider Invasion. It looks like they took the library cues from the KPM Brownsleeves albums. So far I've identified:

Collapsing - Johnny Pearson (KPM LP 36)
Cold Fear a and b - Laurie Johnson (KPM LP 30)
Cliff Hanger - Raymond Jones (KPM LP 35)
Eleventh Hour - Derrick Mason (KPM LP 35)
Study In Evil - Derrick Mason (KPM LP 35)
Absolute Zero - Laurie Johnson (KPM LP 10)
Maniac Pursuit - Trevor Duncan (KPM LP 3)
Scorched Earth - Trevor Duncan (KPM LP 3)

I've been trying to identify the rest of the cues. In particular:

(Times taken from the MST3K version)

16:50 approx. When Dr. Langer calls in the strange phenomena after the meteor hits, and another piece as it cuts away to Vance at NASA.
1:01:00 approx. When Terry gets dressed and the spiders hatch, and shortly after as Vance and Dr. Langer look for the meteor.
1:04:30 approx. When Vance and Dr. Langer run into the giant spider.
1:06:40 approx. When the sheriff shows Vance and Dr. Langer the rocks/eggs he found.

I haven't a clue how to record the cues off my DVD of this film, so I'm just hoping someone happens to own it and can ID the music.

P.S. Loved your work on the Shivers/Rabid library cues. I've been trying to ID that music for years.

August 8, 2017 11:00 am  #2

Re: Giant Spider Invasion Cues

I don't have this I don't think.  Have you checked all of the Brown KPMs on their site?
If they ventured into the 1000 (Green) series KPM 1018 Tension & Suspense has good horror cues (heard in Kingdom of the Spiders, Rabid, Screamtime, etc)

August 8, 2017 12:31 pm  #3

Re: Giant Spider Invasion Cues

I probably missed some. I'll have another look, and check the 1000 series. Thank you for getting back to me.

Board footera