lmt

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2017 8:45 am  #1

Unreleased library

Just curious, what library material out there was never released?

A good way to get a job in education is to become a bus driver.

August 27, 2017 9:39 am  #2

Re: Unreleased library

"Never released" as in 'only available for direct licensing' I'd say there's probably a decent amount. Tape-only type stuff, for instance.

"Never released" as in 'recordings that never left the studio'... one can only speculate unless they are later released. I think it's fair to assume that there is a pretty considerable volume of library compositions that were scrapped before release. As a thought; if there's only maybe 1 or 2 scrapped pieces per session/project (or even 1 scrapped per every other session/project), due to the generally large production volume, it would amount to a lot.

August 27, 2017 5:19 pm  #3

Some Library albums that have been commercially released on CD contain "Bonus Tracks" which are probably outtakes from the original sessions. A quick look through my CDs finds a few with previously unreleased material:

[Cometa] CMT 6 - Alessandro Alessandroni - Inchiesta, 1977
[Flam] FLP 711 - Oscar Rocchi - Jazz Progression, 1984
[Gemelli] GG.ST 10.010 - Egisto Macchi - I futuribili, 1972
[SR Records] SP 112 - I Marc 4 - I solisti di Armando Trovajoli, 1969
[SR Records] SP 130 - Stefano Torossi/Giovanni Tommaso - Echoing America, 1970
[SR Records] SR-ST 132 - Alessandro Alessandroni - Alessandro Alessandroni, 1971

August 28, 2017 8:31 am  #4

I remember when I firstly saw and heard Alessandro Alessandroni "Afro Discoteca" EP.
This is what I've read at the time and made me wondering how many original, unreleased, forgotten and dusty tapes are lying under tons of dust somewhere.

"This EP contains unreleased music composed and produced by Alessandro Alessandroni in the 70s, taken from a dusty tape found in his vault "

G.

August 28, 2017 9:15 am  #5

Greta wrote:

I remember when I firstly saw and heard Alessandro Alessandroni "Afro Discoteca" EP.
This is what I've read at the time and made me wondering how many original, unreleased, forgotten and dusty tapes are lying under tons of dust somewhere.

If we are to speculate further, wouldn't all Italian film- and TV productions of the era have soundtrack tapes somewhere? I'm sure a lot of them weren't ever preserved, though. - Unfortunately.

August 28, 2017 2:20 pm  #6

Ditto!

G.

Board footera